Thursday, May 3, 2012

Disneyland Hong Kong--Shutter happiest



Fisheye 2 x Ektachrome 200
I find it ironic that I haven't even been to Enchanted Kingdom but I've been to Disneyland HK. This trip was a surprise and I didn't really think I'll make it because of passport issues but to say I was happy it did, is an understatement.

The day we were scheduled to go to Disneyland, I didn't know what to expect. I decided to bring almost all my cameras, intent on not missing a single shot. :P
Fisheye 2 x Ektachrome 200
While my folks were busy scouring the stores for souvenirs, I was busy clicking away on Main Street. On one of the shops, I found a collection of old cameras, even the large-format ones. It was enchanting. 

Fisheye 2 x Ektachrome 200

Fisheye 2 x Ektachrome 200
However, back then I only had my Vivitar UWS and Fisheye 2 so that's what I used. I'm hoping I can come back soon to try out my Sprocket Rocket or Black Bird Fly. 

Vivitar UWS x Eurocolor 200
And I'll probably bring a camera capable of zoom lens and has bulb setting or some kinda exposure control to take better pictures of the fireworks display. Check out my bumbling attempt below. Fisheye 2, about 30 seconds exposure, on top of my head. HAHA. 

Fisheye 2 x Ektachrome 200
Analogue Tips:
  • Ultrawide angle lens or camera
  • Fisheye camera for those extra wideness
  • Camera with exposure control for those indoor shots, or bring a flash
  • Camera with Bulbmode
  • Slides, lots and lots of them! This place is just bursting with colors that you'd like to capture on contrasty films. 
  • Lots and lots and lots of film! 



No comments:

Post a Comment