Wednesday, May 2, 2012

La Mesa Ecopark--Manila's Oasis

For a country-born lass like me, being in the city for too long makes me antsy. There are times I just want to see some lush greenery, to rest beneath the shade of a tree or hear birds chirping. Living in Manila, I have a few choices--one of which is La Mesa Ecopark.

Located in East Fairview, quite a long bus ride from Ortigas where I am nearest, the breathtaking view of towering trees and flowering shrubs, is well worth the ride. The Lopez Picnic grounds consists of over five hectares of picnic spots to  choose from. There is also a Boating lagoon similar to Baguio's Burnham park and for the adventure lover, there's the Petron Fitness and Mountain Bike Trail. There's also a Paintball Field somewhere there but for the life of me, I still haven't seen it. There's also a public swimming pool for those eager to beat the summer heat.



I've visited the Park twice and I've only been to the Picnic grounds and the Fitness trail, hence the sparse pictures. I should probably head there one day soon. Wanna come with?



Analogue Tips:

  • Wide lens cameras for panoramic shots
  • Macro lens if you wanna get upclose and personal with the flora
  • Fisheye lens to get those spindly branches on a sphere :P 
  • Films--ISO 200-400, because of the shade. If you're bringing cameras with no exposure control, that is. 
  • All Weather camera - If you wanna shoot (paintball guns) and SHOOT (with your camera). 
  • Underwater camera -  if you're heading for the swimming pools. :P
For more info, check their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment